Ionis is a dynamic company that offers a team-oriented, highly participative work environment. Employees benefit from a creative exchange of information with peers and management through project team meetings and seminar presentations. We promote independent thinking and afford unique opportunities for motivated individuals. We are committed to encouraging students to pursue their interest in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry by providing opportunities for exposure to a scientific-focused business and culture. Our Intern Program offers students an opportunity to work and learn in a variety of settings to supplement classroom instruction.
In addition, the internship program allows students to grow both professionally and personally through interactions with research and business professionals in support of projects aligned with department initiatives. Students will learn and work under a practicing professional who will provide guidance and mentorship.
Internship opportunities are offered in Research (including Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Genomics and Bioinformatics, Toxicology, Pharmacokinetics etc.) and Business Operations (including Finance, Corporate Communications, Alliance Management, Regulatory Affairs, Human Resources, IT etc.).
- Ionis offers paid positions
- The program is designed to complement a student’s undergraduate studies with relevant, hands-on industry experience
- Housing assistance may be available for eligible, out-of-area interns
- Intern and Mentor social events are offered to encourage networking and bonding
- Mentors have the opportunity to share knowledge and develop leadership and management skills
- MUST have a High School Diploma or GED
- MUST be currently enrolled in a U.S. Undergraduate Degree Program and not graduating prior to the completion of the Ionis internship
- MUST be able and willing to commit to a minimum 40 hour work week
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with others
- Organized, self starter with good problem-solving skills
Current Internship Opportunities
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc is proud to be an EEO employer. Learn more »
Learn about our Post-Doctoral Program »