We are committed to encouraging undergraduate students to pursue their interest in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry by providing opportunities for exposure to a scientific-focused business and culture.
As an Ionis intern, students will grow professionally through interactions with research and business professionals in support of projects aligned with department initiatives. All interns will learn and work under a practicing professional who will provide guidance and mentorship.
“I have never experienced a program quite like this one. It has provided me with insight into the career I want to pursue, taught me new techniques and introduced me to an entirely new way of solving problems.”
– 2018 Intern
Internships are offered in:
- Research (including Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Genomics and Bioinformatics, Toxicology, Pharmacokinetics, etc.)
- Business Operations (including Finance, Corporate Communications, Alliance Management, Regulatory Affairs, Human Resources, IT, etc.
Internship highlights include:
- Paid positions
- Housing assistance—for eligible, out-of-state students
- Intern and Mentor social events—to encourage networking and bonding
- Hands-on, industry experience—to complement the student’s undergraduate work
- Must have a High school diploma or GED
- Must be currently enrolled in a U.S. undergraduate or graduate degree program and maintaining student status throughout the internship
- Must be able and willing to commit to a minimum 40-hour work week
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with others
- Organized, self-starter with good problem-solving skills
“I can’t think of anything that would make this internship more valuable because it has already provided me with more positive value than I could have imagined coming into this program.”
– 2018 Intern