Independent Medical Education Grants
Ionis recognizes the importance of Independent Medical Education (IME) and is committed to supporting programs that enhance patient care. Ionis supports targeted high-quality accredited and non-accredited medical education programs to advance excellence in healthcare by improving disease awareness, clinical knowledge, and multidisciplinary management within our therapeutic areas of focus.
Areas of Focus
The Ionis IME grant application period for 2022 is now closed.
We will open the 2023 grant application period soon with the following therapeutic areas of focus for medical educational programs in the US:
- Current treatment challenges, unmet needs of patients, and investigational drugs in late-stage development for this rare disease.
Severe Hypertriglyceridemia including genetic conditions such as Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome:
- Pathophysiology, disease burden, and management of elevated triglycerides.
- Current treatment challenges, unmet needs of patient, and investigational drugs in late-stage development.
Global and US IME grants in the following therapeutic areas will now be submitted to and reviewed by our global development and commercialization partner AstraZeneca. Please visit www.astrazenecagrants.com to review the application procedure and/or to submit.
- Amyloid transthyretin cardiomyopathy (ATTR-CM)
- Amyloid transthyretin polyneuropathy (ATTR-PN)
Grant Submission Process
Ionis’ IME grant request committee meets on a monthly basis. Typical turnaround times for funding decisions are between 30 and 60 days from the date of submission of the IME grant request.
Required information and documentation
- Letter of request on letterhead with signature from requestor addressed to the Ionis Medical Education Grant Review Committee detailing unmet educational needs and practice gaps
- Date, location, venue, or platform of activity
- Description of program
- Type of accreditation (if any)
- Number and type of credit hours to be issued for program completion
- Intended target audience and estimated participation
- Amount of funding requested and purpose of funding
- Sole-support or multi-supported activity
- Statement that budgets will be reconciled within 90 days and unused funds will be returned
- Detailed agenda including all program topics and faculty (if available)
- Detailed budget including a breakdown of how requested funds will be spent
For general questions about Ionis’ IME grant program as well as technical questions regarding the grant portal, please contact us at [email protected].