Akcea is committed to improving the quality of patients’ lives through the advancement of healthcare and medicine. To that effort we support Independent Medical Education (IME). Akcea will provide strategic support for high-quality medical education to advance excellence in healthcare through targeted educational initiatives aimed at improving disease awareness, clinical knowledge, and multidisciplinary management. Akcea will fund both accredited and non-accredited IME grants with unmet educational needs in our therapeutic areas of focus.
Areas of Focus
Hereditary transthyretin-related amyloidosis (hATTR)
- Disease state awareness
- Diagnosis and patient identification
- Multidisciplinary management of patients
- Disease management with systemic, multiorgan focus
Grant Submission Process
Akcea’s IME grant request committee meets on a monthly basis. Typical turnaround times for funding decisions are between 30 and 60 days from the date of submission of the IME grant request.
Required information and documentation
- Letter of request
- On letterhead with signature from requestor
- Address to the Akcea Medical Education Grant Review Committee
- Detail unmet educational needs and practice gaps
- Date, location, venue, or platform of activity
- Description of program
- Type of accreditation (if any)
- Number and type of credit hours to be issued for program completion
- Intended target audience and estimated participation
- Amount of funding requested and purpose of funding
- Sole-support or multi-supported activity
- Statement that budgets will be reconciled within 90 days and unused funds will be returned
- Detailed agenda including all program topics and faculty (if available)
- Detailed budget including a breakdown of how requested funds will be spent
For general questions about Akcea’s IME grant program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical questions regarding our grant portal, please contact US Micron Systems at email@example.com.