Ionis is a dynamic company that offers a team-oriented, highly participative work environment. Employees benefit from a creative exchange of information with peers and management through project team meetings and seminar presentations. We promote independent thinking and afford unique opportunities for motivated individuals.
We are committed to encouraging students who have an interest in science to continue to pursue that interest by providing opportunities for exposure in a scientific focused business and culture.
Internship opportunities are offered in Research, Development and Business in various fields, such as Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Business Development, Clinical Development, Corporate Communications, Toxicology, and Pharmacokinetics. Students work under a practicing professional who provides guidance and mentorship during the internship program.
- Designed to complement a student’s undergraduate studies with relevant, hands-on industry experience
- End of program PowerPoint presentations
- Housing assistance available for eligible, out-of-area interns
- MUST have a High School Diploma or GED
- MUST be currently enrolled in a U.S. Undergraduate Degree Program and not graduating prior to the completion of the Ionis internship
- MUST be able and willing to commit to a minimum 40 hour work week
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with others
- Organized, self starter with good problem-solving skills
Current Internship Opportunities
Applications are accepted annually beginning in January through mid-February
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc is proud to be an EEO employer. Learn more »
Learn about our Post-Doctoral Program »